Following Tuesday evening performances of Tina Packer's Women of Will "The Overview" the cast (Tina Packer and Nigel Gore) have been indulging curious audience members with weekly post show talk-backs. Now beginning Tuesday, March 19 Ms. Packer and Mr. Gore will welcome a few notable names to the "Tuesday Talk-backs with Tina and Nigel" in the form of a moderator - currently announcing five moderators, with additional names and dates to be announced at another time.
The moderated "Tuesday Talk-Backs with Tina and Nigel" will be (all post-show):
• , Tuesday, March 19 Carey Purcell a New York based writer, reporter and theatre critic who offers a fresh and feminist perspective from a progressive young woman. Ms. Purcell is a frequent contributor to The Huffington Post, CareyPurcell.com, Alternet.org, NewYork.com, and WHERE New York Magazine to name a few.
• Tuesday, April 9 Andy Buck, a dramaturg for Lynn M. Thomson's "America-in-Play" theater company and curator of a series of staged readings at Brooklyn College with director Mary Beth Easley and playwrights Mac Wellman and Erin Courtney. Mr. Buck has also been a writer for publications such as Playbill, TheaterMania and TDF Stages.
• Date TBD Carol Gilligan, an American feminist, ethicist and psychologist, who is a Professor at New York University and a Visiting Professor at the University of Cambridge. Ms. Gilligan is best known for her 1982 work, "In a Different Voice," her text on gender studies.
• Tuesday, May 7 Deirdre Donovan, a regular contributor to CurtainUp.com, who has also published articles in The Washington Post, and The Boston Globe to name a few. Ms. Donovan is a member of The Shakespeare Society, as well as the English-Speaking Union/New York Brach and has been their Treadwell Scholar at Stratford.
• Tuesday, May 14 Linda Winer, chief theater critic and arts columnist of Newsday, a position she's held since 1987. Ms. Winer has been teaching critical writing at Columbia University since 1992 and has been a jurist for the Pulitzer Prize in theater eight times.
Tina Packer's Women of Will is her groundbreaking exploration of Shakespeare's canon through the eyes of his female characters currently playing at The Gym at Judson (243 Thompson Street, at Washington Square South) in Manhattan. It is directed by Eric Tucker ("Saint Joan") and produced by Sarah Hancock.
The design team for Women of Will is: Valerie Bart (Scenic & Costume Design), Les Dickert (Lighting Design), Daniel Kluger (Sound Design), and Katharine Whitney (Production Stage Manager).
Additionally, Women of Will The Complete Journey - Ms. Packer's five play series that explores and deconstructs William Shakespeare's most famous female characters - will begin performances April 5 and will run bi-monthly over alternating weekends.
For more information about Women of Will The Overview or The Complete Journey, please visit www.WomenOfWill.com.
The Women of Will performance schedule is as follows: now through March 28 "The Overview" is performed Tuesdays at 7pm, Wednesdays through Fridays at 8pm, Saturdays at 2pm and 8pm, and Sundays at 3pm; from April 9 through June 2 "The Complete Journey" will be performed as follows on alternating weekends: Fridays at 8pm - Part 1, Saturdays at 2pm - Part 2, Saturdays at 8pm - Part 3, Sundays at 2pm - Part 4, Sundays at 7pm - Part 5, "The Overview" will be performed Tuesdays at 7pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8pm, and every other weekend. For a calendar of the full Women of Will performance schedule, visit http://goo.gl/vq3DP.
Tickets are $75 General Admission. Tickets can be purchased online at www.WomenOfWill.com or by calling TheatreMania at 212-352-3101. There will also be a limited number of $25 student rush tickets available for each performance sold at the Box Office.